Final Cheque for Cancer Research UK

Final Cheque for Cancer Research UK
Dawn Harrison of Cancer Research UK receiving cheque with Team Kinglets!

Friday 11 June 2010

Run in the sun from Bideford to Woolacombe






Day 22 – 11th June 2010

One of the best days of the whole trip. Sam is back with us and Moira (John’s wife) so with the addition of a Senior HR consultant and a Senior nurse I believe we now have all eventualities covered! Started from Bideford AAC Club house where Doug had arranged for Rob, a photographer with the North Devon Journal to be in attendance both at the clubhouse and on the early part of run through Bideford and Instow. I was so grateful that Mike Gilmore had turned up again – this time to pace me through the first 10 miles or so to Barnstaple along with daughter Sam who also ran with us as far as Fremington Quay. Mikes pace judgment over a section of the Tarka Trail that I always find difficult (even when not tired from the day before) was immaculate – still would I expect anything but perfection from a Northern Ireland International athlete! Good support throughout the day including friends at Fremington as well as Barnstaple old bridge where Mike was to leave me. Team Crumbly (+ one smoothy) met me again at Saunton Sands where I was to receive the double delight of a leg massage and an ice cream! A quick applause was received as I passed through Croyde Bay before the final run around Baggy Point and across Woolacombe Bay to the finish for the day, somewhat unusually feeling less tired than I did at the start in Bideford. Day’s total 31 miles.

1 comment: